Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When You Love God Keep His Commandments

It says in John 14: 5 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." one of the ways you can show God your love is to keep his commandments. Why do you think God wants us to keep his commandments? He asked us to follow them because he loves us. he wants us to be able to live with him and his son after this life. The only way we can do that is to do what he has asked and that is to keep his commandments. Alma says in Alma 11: 37 "And I say unto you again that he cannot save them in their sins; for I cannot deny his word, and he hath said that no unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore, how can ye be saved, except ye inherit the kingdom of heaven? Therefore, ye cannot be saved in your sins.". The only way you can be saved is to do just as he askeds "If ye love me, keep my commandments.". We need to strive to always be clean. I know that that is the way we can live with God and his son for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment